Tactical Display Framework (TDF) is a scalable, high-performance, geospatial visualization software toolkit used to develop displays and advanced information systems for such demanding applications as Command and Control, Air Traffic Management, Missile Defense, Wide Area Surveillance, Emergency Response and Disaster Management, and Distributed Mission Operations.
Written entirely in Java™, TDF is platform-independent and operates on any COTS laptop or workstation running Windows®, Linux® or Solaris™. TDF’s open, plugin-driven architecture makes it easy for developers to customize TDF for any tactical application. The development of TDF is centered on real-world applications in multiple mission areas with operator feedback and design input as an integral part of the development process. Standard configurations can be purchased directly on General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule GS-35F-0069L or tailored configurations can be system-engineered for specific applications.
TDF’s highly modular design makes it easily adaptable to specific operators, roles, or multiple mission applications. At the operator level, the layout and appearance of the display can be tailored for an individual and saved for repeated use. At a system administrator level, certain features and configurations can be “locked down” or customized to ensure a specific operational environment without requiring any changes to the software. At the application level, plugins can be added or removed to customize the display for a specific program or product line. Shortcut, one-click application buttons can be defined to execute repetitive and timecritical tasks, thereby reducing training time and increasing operator efficiency.
- Share tracks, targets, overlays, Telestrator scribbles, and more with the workgroups who need them
- Switch quickly between collaborations with a single click
- Add users, create groups and assign roles to keep your team organized
- Switch users and roles on the fly
- Choose from three configurable user authentication schemes
- Communicate with anyone, anywhere without leaving TDF
- Chat with remote users over IRC or XMPP/Jabber
- Take action right from your chat window with automatically-detected geographic coordinates, grid cells, track numbers, callsigns and more
- Communicate large blocks of information quickly using pre-configured, auto-populated templates
- Draw on the TacSit and share your drawings with everyone in your collaboration
- See details about each drawing such as who created it, and when
- Notify your collaborators automatically via a chat message when drawing
- See meaningful indicators at the edges of the TacSit when items of interest are beyond your view
- Keep the most important indicators on top with automatic sorting by identity and category
- Offset your view to offscreen locations with a single click
- Explore the world in full 3D (TDF 5 includes TDF 3D)
- Import KML 2.2 files: Ground Overlays, Network Links, Placemarks, and Screen Overlays
- Load 3D models with COLLADA 1.4
- Create and modify 3D shapes and volumes
- Choose from platform models, generic models, or symbol billboards to depict tracks